Saturday, November 7, 2009

Coffee and Jam.

This morning, in typical rock and roll fashion, I had a buddy and his kids over for a playdate starting at 9:00 am. (insert bill and ted da lada-lada-lada-lada-lada-lada air guitar)

I served coffee for Renaldo, and hallowe'en candy for the children. Then we sent them away and we served up a delicious spoonful of jam.

At first, I played piano. Then, I felt that was stupid with Renaldo's guitar plugged in; we couldn't get a groove going.

So, we had an hour left and decided instead to have me plug in. Of course, my wife is out of town at a scrapbook/drinking weekend (which is a bit of an enigma - but whatever) and took the laptop with all of my music stuff installed. I had to spend 15 minutes installing drivers for my keyboards on the other computer, before I could begin.

Anyways, this is what Renaldo and I came up with in about an hour. I've got two tracks here - one with and without Renaldo's guitars. This is a starting point of a song - we've no chorus, verse, or vocals yet, and the drums were just a quick loop I created in 10 seconds to keep a beat, but it is an idea set in motion, rough.

Enjoy or not. Remember - this is going on a rarities album in several years.
WITH-GUITAR
WITHOUT-GUITAR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your music. Interesting that you have written songs both times I have been on this scrapbooking retreat. Has your loneliness inspired you, or do you miss me so much, that you can draw on your angst to create?
Hmmm.....