Saturday, August 30, 2008

Big Plans - Rarities and B-sides

I can't believe I never thought of it before. I've been having a hard time because of simple anality. I'm busy with life, and don't have good time to commit to my music projects. That means getting to know my machines well, and creating innovative music with them.

Then I realized - all of my early projects will one day be worthy of an album unto themselves! The true fans eat that shit up! I'm talking not only about the hordes of backstage Betty's, but also the dudes who air-jam each song from the first album. You know the guys - the ones who resent me getting so damned popular. Well, they'll enjoy that rarities album, with the project songs.....you see, it gives insight into my thought process when I was beginning my craft. A few years of honing, working, perfecting.....the thought process of an artist of my caliber....captured in a rarities album....man, if the Grammy's weren't so political, you can bet that this album would warrant one. This album, with pages of liner notes and photos of me with my gear, will be a window into a world that my fans have oft wondered about. Working on this album now makes good sense. This is the 6th, 7th, or 8th album I think.

I think the first track that I'll send into the ether will be only the basis of a song. A building block. Some funky electronic drum rhythm with bass accompaniment. I think in the coming months, I'll be able to share some building blocks with the world. I doubt that these building blocks, alone, will stop the fighting in that faraway place - can't remember the name, but its a major war I think.....but it might be enough to motivate at least some young angry man....motivate him to also go away for a few years, honing his craft.... working.... perfecting..... following in my footsteps..... aspiring to greatness.... yeah. Rock on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Powerful words.