Thursday, September 4, 2008

Big Plans - Sampling software

I sometimes get caught up in perfecting my craft, and forget that I need to choose a DAW.

I've sampled Sonar. I like it. I could buy it. But my anality prevents me without sampling Ableton Live and Cubase. Such is the curse of my anality.....I'm preventing from having things before I've scoped the other things out....it would be terrible to buy the wrong thing, even if that thing were good.

Tonight, I spent time playing with a non-DAW thing, when it would have been more productive to play with a DAW thing like Ableton-Live demo. I don't know what I'm thinking.

My drum machine is a lot of fun, however. I like to mess with it. It has buttons, and knobs. My synth has buttons, knobs, and sliders. A paltry 25 keys is, of course, constricting, but it does what it does in a fun manner.

I need to tear myself away from my toys to sample the DAWs. Then, I can record the shizzle for this blog, and begin. I think I need a plan of action - a schedule. Perhaps I should buy a mic, and plan to have a song by Hallowe'en. Here we go - a basic song by Hallowe'en, for the blog, just to get something down. Know the tools. Have some fun. For the B-sides rarities album. Its a plan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know anything about DAWs, but I played with DAS as a kid... I had this one DAS kit that had a Heathcliff mold. I'm guessing it's not quite the same thing though.