Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Experimentation - Being brief, and Pitchbender

It has been a busy time for sure. I've finally completely installed my software, and have found a bit of time to mess with it. I've been preoccupied with Christmas, children, and learning the fundamentals of my grampa's "Steirische Harmonika", a button-box alpine-style accordion. It doesn't rock for me (yet), but it does what it does well. It makes me feel like a real schmenge.

But now, regarding the new track. It turns out that I wrote a dance song for some reason. I'll dedicate this one to the ladies.

It is pretty damned simple to create a tune like this - I used 3 tracks for the drums track, mostly because I haven't figured out how to do it properly in one track. There is one track for bass (which I did using virtual instruments and my X-station, not using my bass guitar), one track for a lead-synth, and one track for a synth pad.

I made much use of the pitch-bend on my X-station for the synth-pad. I kept the song to 2 minutes or so, didn't try to get too fancy. This is messing around again, but my kids seem to jump around to it so it works for them. Good enough for me!

Take a listen:
http://www.box.net/shared/nqo4q48grg

Word to your mothers.

No comments: